I have always been fascinated by stories. Fairy tales told at bedtime, legends retold on movies screens, paintings, songs, and books... our stories. Versions of how we see the world, explainations for the unexplainable. It is amazing to get caught up in it all. I love mythology- all of it! Greek, Norse, Indian. I love religion, ancient and modern, all takes on it. I love legends and ghost stories, not the gory ones, the ones that make you feel nostalgic and haunted. I love heroes and princesses, dragons and magic, epic love stories and journeys of discovery... The stories we have told through our history tell of our lives, as well as something more, they tell of our imaginations, our passions, our hopes, dissapointments, wishes, despair. How can you not get excited about it?

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Little Mermaid

I have to admit- I was a very typical little girl. I think that my fascination with stories actually started with "The Little Mermaid" and other Disney or Disney-esc movies. Where did the little mermaid actually get it's origins? Have you ever wondered? Look at these pictures:

No comments: